Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (WoW) #1



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, so click the link, view other WoW's, link up, and have fun!

This is my first WoW and I'm so excited to be following along with other blogger's. I think it's a really great way to spread the word about upcoming reads. Honestly, I wouldn't know about half of the releases I know if it weren't for other bloggers posting about them. So...

In case you weren't aware, Darkness Before Dawn, written by J.A London, a combination of Rachel Hawthorn and her son, is scheduled for release on May 29th 2012. I am ubber excited for this release. Not only does the synopsis sound promising, but its written by one of my favorite authors, Rachel Hawthorne. Also, the cover is just GORGEOUS!



Goodreads synopsis:

This electrifying new trilogy blends the best of paranormal and dystopian storytelling in a world where the war is over. And the vampires won.

Humans huddle in their walled cities, supplying blood in exchange for safety. But not even that is guaranteed. Dawn has lost her entire family and now reluctantly serves as the delegate to Lord Valentine, the most powerful vampire for miles. It isn’t until she meets Victor, Valentine’s son, that she realizes not all vampires are monsters....

Darkness Before Dawn is a fresh new story with captivating characters, unexpected plot twists, a fascinating setting, and a compelling voice. Written under the name J. A. London by a talented mother-son team, the trilogy is perfect for fans of True Blood and the House of Night and Morganville Vampires series.

Well, happy reading little piggies,

Angela

8 comments:

  1. i seriously want this dress!

    stop by my post? I have a giveaway! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/giveaway-tooth-and-nail-wow.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! Love this cover! Here is my WoW: http://novelnerdbailey.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really interesting and I love the cover! So dark and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting premise and a beautiful cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a very beautiful cover. Although, it's a lot like the Fallen book covers by Lauren Kate. But still, I can't wait to read this ^.^

      Delete
  5. I just saw this one-- it looks good! Following you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first thing I thought of when I saw this cover is that it had to be part of the Lauren Kate Fallen series, but nope! Maybe it's the same designer, they are so much alike. Still a gorgeous cover though!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of this novel before, it sounds like a good twist on the paranormal genre. I'm adding this to my TBR list! Thannks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Shoot me a message down below. My squeal is worse than my snort ^.^