Saturday, January 14, 2012

Review: Magic of the Moonlight

Title: Magic of the Moonlight
Author: Ellen Schreiber
Pages: 229
Format: Print/ Hard covered
Published: December 27th 2011
Publisher: Harper Collin Teens
This was purchased by me

I appreciate the stereotypical characters Ellen creates. I don't know why, maybe its because this world is full of them and I've just come to accept them, but I love Ellen's use of them. You see this in Vampire Kisses and of course, Once in a Full moon. Aside for my love of this, the fact that you have to wait an entire year for the next book in a series by Ellen, infuriates me! It wouldn't be entirely bad if her books weren't so short. Nine times out of ten you finish her novels in one sitting. Then what? Your left an entire year wondering what's going to happen after that cliffhanger. Sorry for my rant- I'm just mad at myself for reading this when I did.

Now, on to a more appropriate review, shall we?

Once again, the wonderful Ellen Schreiber doesn't disappoint. I loved this book! It was everything I was hoping for it to be. Not to mention the big surprise towards the end! Jeesh, didn't see that coming.

Like I stated up top, Ellen often uses the stereotypical characters. In Vampire Kisses this was Alexander being a vampire who can turn into a bat and comes from Romania. In Once in A Full Moon Brandon is a full on hairy werewolf. Thanks for sticking to the true stuff!

This was a well paced, entertaining read that fulfilled every expectation of mine. The only minor think I dislike was how Celeste handles situations. If your friends are truly friends they wouldn't care who you dated. So why the hold up Celeste? It kind of bugged me that her friends, including Celeste, were that shallow.

This was a small book. What is there to write about in a review? Personally, I have no idea what to write. Maybe I still have to gather my thoughts on this. Maybe I just really don't have much to say other than the fact that I enjoyed this. Either way, I promise whenever I think of more to add to this review, I will.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot me a message down below. My squeal is worse than my snort ^.^