Friday, April 13, 2012

Follow me Friday (#8)


Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing fine on this sunny Friday. Well, it's sunny where I live. I'm so happy how well this month has been turning up for me. I've finally been able to get a lot of reading time in, which means more reviews on the blog! You can probably expect a review later today: wink, wink!

Anyways, another Friday brings another Follow me Friday. Again, this is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee, so if you'd like, follow along! The more the merrier!

Today's question is:

Q: What is one book that you would be nervous to see a movie adaption of because you think the movie could never live up to the book?

A: (Skip over to the bold writing if you want to skip a lot of explanations)This is a tough one. I guess it really all depends on the book itself and the contents within that book. Some books are better fit for film adaptions, but other's just wouldn't make great movies.

If you checked out Alison Can Read's response, you'll know she commented that The Night Circus and The Fault in Our Stars wouldn't make good movies. I happen to agree with her on these ones (I`m not familiar with the other titles she listed). Lets take a look at The Night Circus. A beautiful story that absolutely blew my mind away, however, I don`t think the imagery and imaginary setting would look quite right on film. I think people would question a lot of it and would`t fully understand the emotions and feelings behind some of its concepts. And lets face it, people have their own ideals while reading books, like how people look, or how a setting looks. So then movies run into these issues that often lead to disappointment.

Now, if we look at The Fault in Our Stars, I`m sure if it were put to film, people would probably dismiss it as another "cancer story." But if you read the book, you know this is not the case. I think, and especially because I'm such a fan of the book, if people who have never read the book, started calling the story "another cancer story" it'd just overall tick me off.

In short, one book I would never want to see on film is actually from a series. The Mediator series by Meg Cabot. It is one of my absolute favorite all time book series, and if they started making films or shows on it, and it just turned out totally crap, I'd fear my most loved books wouldn't be my most loved anymore :(

That's all from me today folks. Sorry for such a long response. Feel free to completely dismiss it.

Leave a link to your blog if you're a new follower! I always follow back :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm curious to see a TFIOS adaption, curious to see how they'll make it NOT another cancer movie.

    Chaos Walking is my answer!

    My follow friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13.4.12

    Do NOT apologize for the long response. Long responses are GOOD!!! I agree with everything you said really...ESPECIALLY about "The Fault In Our Stars" because it was so much more than a 'cancer story.'

    Anyways great answers and old follower here.

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. The night circus must be one of the most difficult book to turn into a mivue it's true.

    old follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. Great explanation for why neither I nor you think those books could be made into good movies.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good response! I love it! <3 And you just reminded me off the Mediator series. I read the first one in German years ago and think it's time to start the second one.. in English. Thank God. :D

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete

Shoot me a message down below. My squeal is worse than my snort ^.^