Thursday, February 14, 2013

Review: Scarlet


Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)
Title: Scarlet
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publication Date: February 5th 2013
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Pages: 464
Format: Print/ Hard covered

I am so happy I had the chance to pick this one up early. Chapters got a shipment of 40 of these puppies one week earlier and were nice enough to sell me a copy early. Boo Yeah! So obviously I dove right in the minute I got home.

Scarlet starts where Cinder left off. Okay, not precisely, but close enough. The story first introduces Scarlet, who is a character I actually really enjoyed reading about. Then, we jump right back to Cinder being in jail... escaping.

Scarlet, I found, turned out to be a very likable character, so I enjoyed the story switching perspectives between Cinder and Scarlet... Oh yeah, and Prince Kai of course!

This book was so full of awesomeness! Wolf was dreamy as ever, and even though you'll probably hate him at some point, you'll totally fall for him. And Kai, deary Prince Kai, you'll still love him. He may be sending people out to capture Cinder, but we know, oh yeah, we know he totally still loves Cinder.

There are also new faces introduced into the story you'll enjoy reading about. Wolf is one of them, and I'm so excited to read the falling books so I get me some more Wolf.

Unlike Cinder, this book I found to be more action packed which was so fun and mind boogling. My mind was going every which way from the awesomeness that is Scarlet. This book had me laughing and screaming. Happy and mad. God, I loved this book.

You know what else I really liked about this book? We got some more answers, which is always nice. So much was revealed in this novel, from what Scarlet has to do with Cinder, and what exactly happened to Cinder all those years ago. It was all so exciting!! The ending of the book also sets us up for the next book, so hurry up 2014!

Overall fans of Cinder will surely enjoy Scarlet! You've got your kick ass heroins, your swoon worthy fellows, action packed fun, and a sequel you won't want to miss!


 photo 5star.png



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot me a message down below. My squeal is worse than my snort ^.^