Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Review: Immortal Hearts

Immortal Hearts (Vampire Kisses, #9)
Title: Immortal Hearts (Vampire Kisses #9)
Author: Ellen Schreiber
Publication Date: May 15th 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Pages: 260
Format: Hardcover/Print


Is it really over? Is my beloved Vampire Kisses series really, truly, over? Alas, it is. Farewell my good friends Raven, Becky, Alexander, and even you Trevor, even you.

This is the longest series I have ever been with. How long you ask? Over six years! Yup, over six years. I discovered this series back when I was obsessed with vampire stories after having read the Twilight series (er, part of it anyways, not all the books were out yet). I am SO happy I decided to pick up that pocket sized, little witty eitty book all those years ago.

As you can see by the publication date, this book has been out for quite some time. I've been putting off reading it because I refused to say goodbye to the characters I have come to call friends (hey, it's been over six years). This last installment was not a disappointment and I'm so happy I FINALLY convinced myself to read it and face reality: things have to eventually end, even if certain people in said book get to live forever *humph*

I really be brutally honest and say I was kind of peeved that for the majority of the story Raven was out fixing everyone's problems, sans her own. I know this is the kind of character Raven is, and have always been, but it was still a pet peeve of mine (despite really loving her character). I was hoping Ellen would focus more on Raven and Alexander in the last installment instead of everyone else. Annoying, but I still enjoyed the book.

If you're expecting a certain ending, and have enjoyed this series through and through, I will come out and say, you are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) the ending. It's one we've all been waiting for, obviously!

That all said, if you haven't yet picked up this series, please do. Don't let the vampires keep you away from reading the books. I know vampire's have run their course, and I know Twilight semi-ruined it for a lot of people, but PLEASE, with a cherry on top, give this a try. These vampires don't sparkle, they turn into bats, are allergic to garlic, can't see themselves in mirror, sleep in coffins, drink human blood out of fancy goblets, and can't go out in daylight. Totally awesome vampires!!!!


 photo 5star.png



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot me a message down below. My squeal is worse than my snort ^.^